A Letter To The Guy Who Didn't Value My Time



Dear Love,

I could write a hundred reasons why I shouldn't love you:
You're immature.
You're unfaithful.
You lack self-preservation.
You're gullible.
You're unmotivated.
You're conceited.
You're self-entitled.
You're a liar.
You're selfish.
You're a coward.
Need I continue?
But my foolish heart would only listen to the single irrational reason why I should - I just do. 
Without rhyme or reason. I just do.

Do you even have an inkling how many times a day my heart whispers your name?
Or how I silently wish your lips would utter my name?
Do I even cross your mind even for a second?
I would be there for you in a heartbeat if you'd want me to. 
Like a dog, I would be at your every beck and call. 
I would readily comfort you with all my heart and soul. 
But you, who spat out promises that you would be there for me too, 
would always have my messages unread and ignored.
Oh, how unfair you could be.
Are you really as bad as I paint you to be?
Or is it my mind convincing my heart?

My mind cannot comprehend why I would allow myself to fall deeply and insanely in love with you
when I know that you don't feel the same. 
Why am I stuck on you? 
Is it because my heart is famished and craved love desperately 
that I would gladly devour the few sprinkles of attention you spare me? 
Why can't I move on from you? 
How do you even move on from something that didn't even happen?

Perhaps one day, when I finally move on, you'll notice my absence. 
But hopefully, then, I'd know how to value you just as how you valued me - you didn't.

Could have been yours forever,
Karyll

Comments

Popular Posts