A Letter to My Parents

Dear Papa and Mama,

I know that I am not the perfect daughter.
I also know that I don’t often meet your expectations.
And I know that I bring you a lot of disappointments.
I am sorry.
I truly am.
I often wish that I were the daughter you wanted me to be.
I never wished to be a burden to you both,
But instead, I wished to be someone who brings joy to you every day.
I wish to be someone who you will never be ashamed of;
But someone you could be proud of.
But I turned out this way.
I don’t know if it’s my fault or not,
But I am sorry.
I am sorry that you have a burden like me.
You don’t deserve a daughter like me.

But I thank you, Papa and Mama, for loving me.
I thank you for loving me as I am.
I thank you for accepting me and supporting me.
Thank you because even though I have a lot of shortcomings you still kept me.
I am forever grateful for your love.
Someday when I become great,
I wish I could repay you for everything.
I wish to turn out to be that daughter you wish to have.
And I wish that I could be someone you can truly be proud of.
Papa and Mama, just you wait.
I’m on my way there.
Papa and Mama, I love you too.


Comments

Popular Posts