A Letter to A Friend Who Broke My heart, Akiya

Dearest Akiya,


I still remember that day when I first saw you.
Our eyes met but there was nothing special about it.
We were just strangers who happened to pass by each other.
I never thought that you and I would become friends.
And still, sometimes I wish we never did become one.


Yet our friendship blossomed during my years of building walls around me.
Since you watched me be someone else I’m not and still knew.
You knew when no one else had a clue and you pulled me away from that lie.
It was you who taught me to be true to myself.
And you told me that it’s okay to be just as I am.
Perhaps that’s why I grew fond of you.


I felt special whenever I was with you.
Since you cared for me like no one else did.
You picked me up when I was down,
And you’d pull me back to reality when my head’s up in the clouds.
I thought you were a dream come true.


I remember when you told me you like Sakura.
I felt my whole world crashed before my very eyes.
You like the girl who I told all my feelings about you to.
You like the girl who teased me to you.
You like the girl who you said was so much like me.
She’s so much like me but still, she isn’t me.


Did she ask you to watch over me?
I wanted to know if all the kindness you showed me was for her sake and not mine.
I wanted to know if you were only doing her a favor.
You said that I’m so much like her.
Were you using me then?
Was it all just an experiment or were you practicing perhaps?


But no matter how angry I am I can’t blame you.
Because after all, you never said you liked me.
All I can do is be happy for you.
Because that’s what friends are for.
Because that’s what I am.
I am only a friend.


Now there’s a gap between us.
And I know we’ll grow colder each day.
So before we become strangers once again,
I’d like to say “Thank you” and “Goodbye.”
You will always be in my heart.



Love,
Karyll



Comments

Popular Posts