Irony of Life


          

          When I was younger, I was fearless. I didn’t fear death. Heck, I wanted to die young. I had several suicide attempts by overdose but I’m still alive and kicking. Having a family and raising kids was the last thing, if not at all on my mind. Little did I know, that God would bless me with such a wonderful gift – a daughter. Now that I am a mother, a single mother I may add, my greatest fear is to die young and leaving my daughter by herself. And the irony of it all is that now that I wish to die old and watch my daughter grow, I now suffer from endometriosis. This illness had affected my heart and mind, as I suffer from irregular heartbeats, faintness, and anxiety. I guess that’s why they always say that we should be careful of what we wish for. When I wanted to waste my life away, I was healthy and strong. But now that I now cherish life, I am now sickly. Perhaps this is God’s punishment for my ungratefulness. Most of the time people only learn one thing’s value when it is gone. Had I known that I would have a beautiful and precious, I would have taken better care of myself. I would have started saving earlier. Now, I’m doing my best to fight this illness and I’m taking care of myself more. That way, I could take care of my daughter better.

Value your life.

One day, it might not be yours alone.

Comments

Popular Posts