The Story Of My Youth - Story 4

Good Enough

This is a story inspired by true events
from when I was younger.





          When we were in our Senior year, there was a new teacher. And for some reason, she didn't like me at all. But it was okay because the feeling was mutual. In fact, most of our year didn't like her. Jonathan, on the other hand, considered her his favorite teacher and I have no idea why. She was very smart, but she wasn't kind. I was not special in any way, but she would often belittle me and my talents.  She always has something to say about me. When she found out that I aspired to be a disc jockey in our local radio station, she would say that the station and its announcers were cheap and boring. During class, she would often correct my slightest mistakes and she would make it seem that I was dumb. And whenever I would talk, she would have this smug look on her face. I would even catch her roll her eyes sometimes. She would also do this to Anna. She was simply a bully. It got to a point that Anna had to tell her parents about this and her parents had to talk to this teacher. She was very angry at Anna and she even expressed it in front of the class. Poor Anna cried in class that day. 

          During our Nutrition month, I participated in the extemporaneous speech again. I had been participating since our freshman year. Having had no training at all and having written my pieces all by myself, I've only won 2nd place so far. Still, our teachers would encourage me to join. But this teacher... my God!!! Read more...



Comments

Popular Posts