The Story Of My Youth - Story 1


FRIENDS AND LOVERS

This is a story inspired by true events
from when I was younger.
      Anna and I had known each other since forever. Aside from being classmates since we were in first grade, we eventually became neighbors around the time we reached 5th grade. It was not until high school though, that we became close friends. Anna is a small girl with a big attitude. What she lacked in height, she made up for it with her personality and her talent. She loved to dance and she was really good at it. She would always join dance contests and shows and a lot of times she and her group would win. Whenever I see her dance, I always thought to myself that she was born to dance. And it was through dancing that I had met Ryan and Keith.

          Keith, Anna, and I were in the same grade from the same high school. Ryan, on the other hand, was younger than us and was from a different school. Although Ryan was from another school, he, Keith, and Anne would sometimes join together to perform. Keith was the nice guy. He was not particularly good looking but he was sweet and timid but can be brutally honest and serious at times. Ryan was the popular kid in school - good looking, funny, often loud, and seldom serious. Anna was the cutie in the group. Sometimes easy going but most of the time has a don't-mess-with-me attitude. She was the literal definition of "small but terrible." And there was plain old me. A book-loving, speech-writing, glasses-wearing plain Jane. Although I was must say, I had a banging body back then. Ahem 😝. Originally, I was not a part of their group. I was into ballroom dancing while they were into modern, pop, and hip hop dances. But since I always tagged along with Anna whenever they practiced, I eventually became close to Ryan and Keith. The four of us became the best of friends. There was not a day that we wouldn't hang out. Whether it be simply walking home together from school, having movie marathons, road trips, food trips, or going to the beach. I was a depressed kid back then and those three were my escape and second home. Everything was great and dandy until a certain confession. Read more...

          

Comments

Popular Posts