My Final Letter to Sakura and Akiya




Dear Sakura and Akiya,

"If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?" 

I was asked that question and I could only think of the 2 of you. Remembering you is bittersweet. I will always cherish the days we spent together.

Sakura, I am thankful for your embraces and your sincere advice. I will never forget your beautiful voice. Hearing you always calmed the storm in my mind. You were always like the big sister and I always looked up to you. You too Akiya, I admired you for your principles and I am thankful for all the encouragement. I will never forget your laugh. You will always find ways to make me smile. You were both there for me at my lowest and you always tried your best to understand me even when I can't even understand myself.

How did our friendship end? Was it because of the distance? Was it because we grew up and had different priorities? I can't help but feel someone responsible. Was it because I assumed something that wasn't there in the first place. Perhaps it really was my fault why we no longer talk. My heart breaks whenever I am reminded of that. And I am sincerely sorry.

Sakura, Akiya, how have you been? 
Where are you now? 
Has life been kind? 
Do you still remember me? 
Because I will never forget you. And I will always miss you. Wherever you both are, please take care. 



Love,
Karyll



Comments

Popular Posts