A Letter to a Friend I Once Loved



To whom it may concern:

Please be informed that you are a humongous jerk and you deserve a high five on the face with a fridge.

Are you that dense to not see the damage you've caused? 
Or do you refuse to acknowledge your error thinking that by doing so it will cease to exist? 
I was dumbfounded by the degree of your assholeness. 
Too much so that my mind refused to accept that you betrayed me. 

You gained my trust only to break it.
You aroused my heart only to shatter it.
You promised you'll love me only to leave me hanging.
You know of all my heartaches.
Yet you even added to it.

So what is love to you?
What is love that you confess it so carelessly and without a thought?
Is love only a means to subdue your loneliness?
That you offer it to me today but to someone else after a few moons?
You've awoken my heart and made me fall.
But you offered no apology when you failed to catch me. 
And for that I resent you.

You satisfied your whims at the cost of our friendship.
The friendship that I valued throughout our youth. 
Those sweet memories with you, I will forever keep.
For I once treasure you and loved you dearly.
But you will no longer have a place in my present nor in my future.
May karma be as kind to you as you were to me.
And darling, you were truly unkind.


Hoping we'll never meet again,
Karyll


Comments

Popular Posts