Just Some Random Thoughts

People in my country can be very gender bias! It annoys me when some people tell me that girls can’t do this or that but it’s okay if a guy does it! People, this is not the 1500’s anymore!!!!

My guy is one of those people. He is not conservative though, it's just that his perception of the roles of a man and woman is as old as my great great great great great grandparents. Like wives should serve their husband- cook for them, clean the house, do laundry, blah blah blah. With that, I retorted, “I’m sorry babe, I’m afraid I will never be that kind of wife. If you really want that, then go marry a maid.”

Of course, we were just fooling around. But what really pissed me off concerns sex. Me and my guy were going through the “what if’s” in our relationship. Then we stumbled upon, “What if one of us cheated and had sex with another guy/girl. Would we be able to forgive each other?” I told him I MIGHT forgive him. After all, I believe love gives room for second chances. But then my fiance sternly replied, “I won’t forgive you. Guys and girls are different. When I guy has sex, nothing changes but there’s a huge change when a girl does.” He even added, “When girls have many sexual experiences, they are seen as sluts, but for guys, it’s something they are proud of.”

WTF!!!!!!!!

Although it is true, that’s not the point. The point is they both cheated and that would equally make them cheaters. I mean, it’s not the change that you’ll forgive, it’s the mistake. And guys, please don’t be proud that you’ve banged a lot of girls. I mean, personally, I think, you don’t know how to respect a girl. And I do understand you when you reason that there are some girls who even make the first move. So for those girls, please learn to respect yourselves. And hey, don’t get me wrong, I’m taking my own advice as well because I’m not innocent in this area. lol

But still, it’s better to not be given a second chance. That way, we’ll do our best not to commit mistakes. Although second chances are good, sometimes it just makes us complacent. It somehow makes us think that it’s okay to screw up, after all, we’ll be forgiven anyway.

Although I still think that my guy is gender bias, I don’t blame him. After all, in the society that my guy and I are in hasn’t fully embraced the equality of the sexes. And I guess it’s not just the Philippines.

So yeah. whatever. Peace y’all and I do hope we’ll do learn to respect one another, not just in this area but in whatever situations. Whether straight, bi, gay, etc. We all stand equal before God.

Comments

Popular Posts