A Letter to My Judges

You think I’m living a drama and all this is for show.
It’s no big deal you say and I just need to let it go.
But it’s in my head, it’s in mind.
I can’t let it go because it’s a part of me.
This is real and not for reel.
So why don’t you put on my shoes and see how it feels?
For I can’t stand your eyes, I can’t stand your gaze.
You look at me with eyes of that a Jew looking down at a Samaritan.
As if I am an infection.
As if I am something shameful.
You wonder how to speak to me as if I am not like one of you.
But what’s the difference between you and me?
Aren’t we under the same sun?
And though I am not perfect and my flaws are in the light.
It is shown to you wholly so you’ll see as I am.
Because what’s the use of pretending,
When all you liked about me is a lie?
But hear me when I say, I don’t need your pity, I don’t need your consideration.
Rather, will you offer me your acceptance and understand that this is me.
Take me as I am or just walk away.


Comments

  1. I love this, Kar. Take comfort that there is someone who sees us and doesn't condemn. It's hard for me to remember this, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts