A Letter to My Former Loves

Dear Loser,

I hate your stinking guts.
You make me vomit.

Just kidding!

Hello.
Has life been good to your heart?
If she hasn't, well that sure sucks.
Funny how we used to think that we were meant to say "I do's" to each other.
But who could blame us?
We were enjoying our youth.
We were young and we were wild, and it was just us and the world.
But here we are, living separate lives, with hearts no longer beating for each other.


Nevertheless, you're a mistake.
But you're a mistake I'm glad I made.
For you're not just another picture to burn like Taylor sings about,
You taught me important life lessons.
So thank you.
Thank you, for once a upon our foolish young lives, you loved me and shared your life with me.
You are a memory so bittersweet.
Through the heartaches that you've caused me, through you, I became someone new.
Through you, I became stronger and wiser when it comes to my heart.
Through you, I learned to listen to my head rather than follow my heart.
I learned that relationship should be grounded on respect;
That you should put your partner's need first before yours.
And I learned that it's not about what you get but what you give.
Through you I learned to wait;
I learned to patiently wait so that I won't ever fall again for the likes of you.
And through you, I learned to value myself and see the people that value me.
Because in truth, it wasn't just you and me and the world;
It was you and me and a world full of annoyed people.

Our relationship wasn't the best,
But do know that I did give my best.
Too bad you didn't.

-Karyll


P.s. I really do hate your stinking guts



Comments

Popular Posts