A Letter to My Closest Friends, Kreame

Dear Friends,

Now I’ve seen people come and go.
They stay for a while and yet leave for good.
But when everyone else seems to be abandoning me, you stayed.
You’ve always had.
Thank you for caring, loving, and understanding me.

But things are not how they use to be in high school anymore.
Now we are often far apart,
And we have a different set of friends,
But I still feel like you are where home is.
I feel like I have nothing to worry about when I am with you.
For I know that I could trust you.
I know that you would listen.
You listen to whatever foolish things that come out of my mouth.
You try understanding me when no one else does.
And you love that part of me that I never showed others.
Friend, thank you so much.

I want to repay you every day for everything that you did for me.
For I value everything you do more than you could ever know.
I wish I could take you wherever I may go.
And I wish I could be where you are at.
For I want to know you deeper.
I want to see that part of you I haven’t seen before.
I want to be that best friend that will always be there for you.
I want to be just a whisper away from you when you need someone to cheer you up.
I want to be that friend whom you can rely on.
I want to be perfect for you.
I want to be that best friend that you deserve to have.

I can’t believe that it’s already eight years.
Do you still remember how we’ve become friends?
It sure is funny remembering those days.
We had our fair share of ups and downs.
We offered crying shoulders, back rubs, embraces, and even slaps on the face when needed.
We turned from friends to enemies to friends again.
We’ve been through a lot and yet here we are.
We’re still here and we’re still best friends.

So many things had happened to us separately.
Even so, though we may individually change,
I pray that nothing will change between us.
I hope that we would continue to care for, love, remember, and to cherish one another.
I am very thankful for all of it.
Thank you for being part of my life.
I am also grateful that you made me a part of yours.
I pray that our friendship will last until life abandons us.


Comments

Popular Posts