My Bestfriend

T'was a rainy when I found that red shoebox.

Covered in dust as thick as years left there forgotten.

But like a buried treasure, I opened it and saw,

letters from someone I used to call best friend.



As I read I remember those good old days,

How we used to laugh at our silly jokes

and fight over trivial things.

And I can't help but laugh at your funny penmanship!



I was the happiest whenever I'm with you.

All I ever wished was that we'd be friends forever.

And as wishful as I was

I really thought it would come true.



Then a letter read that you were in love.

It was the last letter in fact that I received.

You said you're sorry you have a jealous girl.

And she said you can't see me anymore.



And on that very day, you said goodbye.



I was about to close that old box once again.

Perhaps let it rot where it lays.

But then a letter fell and it was unread.

It was a letter before you were with her.



I cried when I read the letter.

For you said you love me and you want to be with me.

I wish I could go back and say I love you too.

But now it's rather very late.


Comments

Popular Posts