Lolo and Lola said

Rolling thunder played as it rained well this morning. Such a scenario reminded me of my dear grandparents and their peculiar tales and answers to my curious little questions.

Q: *Hears thunder* "What's that!!??"

A: The angels are bowling."



Q: Why does it rain?

A: Because the angels are crying. [must be the losing team.]



Q: Grandma, what are clouds made off?

A: They're made of white cotton candy.



Q: Grandpa, what is this? *points to a buwa [found inside a coconut]

A: That's an edible cloud.



Q: Why should I finish my food?

A: Because the rice grains will cry.

Q: Where're their eyes?



Q: What will happen if I don't eat?

A: When you sleep, your spirit will search for rice. Once you open a pot, the pot will suck you in and you will be trapped there forever.



Q: What happens if your head will be filled with lice?

A: The lice will fly away and carry you off to their nest in a bamboo tree.



Q: Why are we not allowed to sweep the floor at night?

A: Because you will sweep away luck.



Q: Why should I put 12 coins in my pocket during the new year?

A: So that you will be rich this year.



Q: Why should I jump during the new year?

A: So that you'll be tall. [Yeah right, I'm only 5'2]



......to be continued


Comments

Popular Posts