Goodbye Akiya/ Goodbye Stranger

So when was the last time you said hello?
When you offered me that smile I used to love?
‘Cause right now all that’s left are memories.
And everything else tastes just so bitter.
As bitter as that unkind stare that you just gave me.

Perhaps it all went away with the wind.
And I don’t know how this came to be.
The once so warm friendship that we shared;
Can now be only found in frozen photographs.
And sadly you weren’t even smiling there.

Did I do something to make you hate me?
I wish that you would tell me what’s wrong;
So that I could try to make things right for you.
‘Cause how could I say sorry and “forgive me;”
If I don’t even know what I’m sorry for?

But didn’t I hear you apologize?
Shouldn’t everything be okay by now?
Was it for real or was it just so you could sleep that night?
Was it really “sorry?”
Or did you really mean “goodbye?”

So why don’t you try to face me and look me in the eye?
Why don’t you just tell me that you want me out,
Instead of hiding like a kid?
And I’m getting tired of waiting for you to be okay.
Why don’t we try maturity once in a while?

But I guess you don’t have to say anything.
Your actions scream louder than your silence.
You can’t even stand to hear my voice for a minute.
So why don’t you just walk away like you always do?
‘Cause I’m sick of being sad when you’re showing me you’re not.

But please hear me out when I tell you that I’m sorry and I thank you.
I’m sorry for all the hurts and thank you for the friendship.
I wish that you’d be happy wherever God places you.
I know that we’re still both young and we’ll see people come and go.
But I hope we’d learn to cherish every person that does stay.

But I do wish that everything doesn’t end this way.
“Cause it feels just like yesterday when we were just strangers.
And today it’s breaking me that we’re strangers once again.
It’s funny how a friend’s hello turns to a stranger’s goodbye.
So perhaps we’ll go on our separate ways.

Comments

Popular Posts